Having access to a clean water source is one of the basic human needs. But do you know how clean the water reaching your faucet really is?
In the following article, we present the best water filter pitchers available on the market in 2021. We also explain why it’s better to use a water filter pitcher than drinking bottled water, and the advantages of drinking filtered water.
We also prepared some water filter pitcher reviews for you to look at. All the models we presented are better than your average water filter, and some of them are actually some of the best models you’ll find.
You want to buy a water filter, but you don’t know which to choose? You’ve come to the right place. We’re confident that after reading out water filter reviews and the buying guide you’ll be able to make an informed decision on which one is the best for your household.
Best Water Filter Pitchers Comparison Chart
Clearly Filtered Water Filter Pitcher
|View On Clearly|
Waterdrop Chubby Water Filter Pitcher
|View On Amazon|
PUR LED 11 Cup Water Filtration Pitcher System
|View On Amazon|
Epic Pure Water Filter Pitcher
|View On Amazon|
Water Pitcher Filter System by Crystal Quest
|View On QWT|
Brita 10 Cup Grand Water Filter Pitcher
|View On Amazon|
AquaBliss 10-Cup Water Filter Pitcher
|View On Amazon|
Brita 36092 Metro Pitchers
|View On Amazon|
Best Water Filter Pitcher Reviews (Updated List)
1. Clearly Filtered Water Filter Pitcher
This Clearly Filtered Water Filter Pitcher is a really good addition to your kitchen. In fact, it’s the one we keep in our fridge at home. It’s by far the best pitcher we’ve seen and the quality of the water is impressive. It’s clear the company has put a lot of technology into its filter.
The filter removes Fluoride, PFOA/PFAS, and Microplastics. No other filter we’ve found does what this one does. If you’re looking for the pitcher that does it all, this is the one.
- Removes >98% of Fluoride – This filter removes the hardest to get contaminants
- Removes Everything Bad – The list of bad things this filter removes is over 2 pages long. If you want the cleanest water this is your best bet.
- Filter Speed – This pitcher is a bit slower than a Brita. However, this is probably due to the number of things it is pulling out of the water. If you just want a fast water pitcher, then there are probably better options for you.
- No Reminder – This model doesn’t have a reminder to let you know when to change filters.
Read Full Review »Clearly Filtered Water Filter Pitcher
2. Waterdrop Chubby Water Filter Pitcher
This Waterdrop water filter pitcher has an advanced 7-stage filtration technology and will get rid of a significant number of contaminants in your water. For instance, this unit will remove sulfur too because it possesses 10 times more absorption capability than other products in its class.
Once you buy the pitcher, it will come with 1 included filter. However, all replacement filters are sold separately by the same manufacturer. When it comes to stability, we consider this product to be a good one, although its base doesn’t have a silicone-ribbed base to prevent slipping.
As far as maintenance goes, the pitcher can be taken entirely apart and can be washed by hand. It is important to note that the filter has to be soaked in cold water for at least 10 minutes before the first time you use the unit.
The slim design will allow you to place the pitcher on your fridge door.
- Advanced filtration technology – 7-stage filtration
- Wooden handle – the design of that part is ergonomic allowing you to carry the pitcher easily even when it is full
- Filters will last for about 200 gallons of water. This is above average.
- The base isn’t silicone-ribbed
- It comes with only one filter while there are units that come with at least one replacement filter.
- Removes only inorganic fluoride. You need activated charcoal for the organic one.
Read Full Review »Waterdrop Chubby
3. PUR LED 11 Cup Water Filtration Pitcher System
The PUR pitcher water filter is a popular model that comes with an 11-cup pitcher. The system is capable of removing most of the contaminants in your water source, including mercury and pharmaceutical traces.
All the materials used for this filter’s construction are made out of BPA-free plastic. This eliminates the risk of having them leak into your drinking water after you use the filter for a longer time.
The filter comes with a light filter change notification signal. The LED light will notify you when it’s time to change the filter cartridges so you won’t have to worry about them.
- Efficient Filters – Even though this system doesn’t have the fastest filtering cartridges, it surely has some of the most efficient. The filters will remove most of the contaminants from your drinking water
- Good For Removing Pharmaceuticals – Most pitcher filters are able to remove some of the pharmaceutical traces in your water thanks to the carbon filters they use. This model, however, is more efficient at this task
- Slow Filtering – This unit filters the water slowly. This might be a problem for some people, especially those with larger households.
- Inefficient Softening – This model softens the water, but only by a small degree.
Read Full Review »PUR LED 11 Cup Water Filter Pitcher
4. Epic Pure Water Filter Pitcher
We may need all day to list all the contaminants that this filter pitcher will remove from your water. The manufacturer lists the rating at 99.9% out of 200+ possible threats in your water. In this number, we also add fluoride, which can be crucial because many other units will not be able to get rid of it.
All the NSF/ANSI standards are covered by the product, and it boasts a very long-lasting filter. You will be able to get about 150 gallons of purified water before a replacement is due. It will be either this or about three to four months.
An important feature to point out here is the filter itself. It is not a granular carbon filter similar to some cheaper models, but it is a solid carbon block instead. The filter is also recyclable. None of the parts are made in China, and everything is produced in the USA.
Just remember not to put the filter in the freezer or to fill the pitcher with hot water.
- BPA-free construction
- Large capacity – 3.5L
- Long filter life – you will need 3-4 replacement filters per year.
- The filtration itself can be a little bit on the lower end.
- Does not come with any replacement filters unless you opt for a deal at the time of purchase
Read Full Review »Epic Pure
5. Water Pitcher Filter System by Crystal Quest
A highly-effective water pitcher filter with activated carbon, this device will remove up to 99% of particles such as chloramine, chlorine, lead, mercury, and nickel, purifying your tap water and converting it into healthy drinkable water. Save from the everyday hassle of buying bottled water with this convenient home appliance.
The Crystal Quest model is equipped with a 4-stage filtration system, which has a life span of up to 2,000 gallons, which means you will not need to change the filter more than twice a year. The pitcher can fit up to 12 glasses of water and is slim and easy to store in your refrigerator. The flip-top lid means you can easily refill the pitcher. Beware of filling it to the top, however, as it may spill when pouring. Once you introduce the water into the pitcher, you will need to wait up to 10 minutes until the filter cleanses it and it is ready to drink.
- Removes 99% of chemicals from water
- Long filter span- about 2,000 gallons
- Flip-top lid
- Spills water easily if filled to the brim
- Longer than average time required to filter the water
6. Brita 10 Cup Grand Water Filter Pitcher
Brita is one of the world-leading water filter manufacturers. One of the advantages of using their products is the very efficient filter cartridges they produce. Their filters are specially designed to remove most of the contaminants in your drinking water and to provide steady water flow.
Another advantage of using Brita is that they use a notification system to let you know when to change the filters. The signal is green until the filter cartridges get close to their maximum capacity when it turns yellow. When the signal turns red, you have to change the filter right away.
- 10 Cup Pitcher – The pitcher is able to hold up to 10 cups of water. This is a good feature, as you won’t have to refill the pitcher too many times during the day.
- Great Filters – Brita filter cartridges use multiple technologies to produce great-tasting and clean drinking water.
- Faulty Lid – Even though the pitcher has a good ergonomic design, the lid is not very well designed. The lid tends to fall every time you use the pitcher, so you risk contaminating the filtered water or spilling.
Read Full Review »Brita Grand Water Filter Pitcher
7. AquaBliss 10-Cup Water Filter Pitcher
The AquaBliss Water Filter Pitcher is a product that removes some of the contaminants that you can find in your tap water. Although it does not make the water alkaline, it will reduce the amounts of chlorine, Zinc, Sediment, Mercury, Copper, and it will remove unpleasant smells. The filter functions at a speed of 1-2 minutes per filling. Be careful not to overfill the top half as it will start spilling out.
Moreover, you will not be able to pour water while the pitcher is still filtering because you will risk mixing filtered and unfiltered water. The pitcher should last you for about four months at a rate of 20 gallons per month. A digital countdown feature tells you when to change the filter. Overall, the pitcher will balance the PH of your water and clean it from some particles.
- Speed –A full doze of unfiltered water will go to the bottom of the pitcher in a minute or two.
- Digital Countdown –This lets you know how many days remain before filter replacement is needed.
- Rubber Ring –The rubber gasket that keeps the pitcher from sliding slips off too easily.
- Cumbersome – You will need to be careful when lifting the pitcher as some water might spill out.
Read Full Review »AquaBliss 10-Cup
8. Brita 36092 Metro Pitchers
We present to you the Brita 36092 Metro Pitcher. The 5-cup capacity of this product does not contain as much water as a 10-cup pitcher. However, the slim design allows you to fit it in a crowded fridge. Make sure that you pour a couple of pitchers through the filter and that you then pour them down the sink before beginning to use it. The pitcher will eliminate specific contaminants from your tap water like, for example, chlorine, cadmium, copper, mercury.
A filter indicator will count the number of pours for you to notify you when you need to replace the filter. This model can hold up to 2L of water but remember that it filters the water relatively slowly – it takes about 5 minutes to filter a full pitcher.
- Slim design – The pitcher can fit in the fridge.
- Filter indicator – Tells you when to change the filter.
- Slow – It takes a reasonably long time for the full amount of water to pass through the filter.
- Lid – You will need to take the whole top off to fill the tank.
Read Full Review »Brita 36092 Metro
9. Brita Atlantis Water Filter Pitcher
We said it once, and we’ll say it again. Brita is one of the world-leading water filter manufacturers, so it’s only normal for their filters to be very efficient. One of the advantages of choosing this model is that it comes with a Brita cartridge filter.
Brita cartridge filters use multiple technologies to eliminate most of the contaminants from your water. The cartridge will also soften the water by a small degree, improving its taste and making it healthier.
Another advantage of choosing Brita is that their filters are easy to change. The instructions manual gives you valuable information on how to change the filters, and there are also video tutorials you can watch online if you encounter any problems.
- Filter Change Notification – This filter uses a sticker notification system to let you know when it’s time to change the cartridge filters. If you don’t want to use this system, Brita can also email you whenever it’s time to change them.
- Fast Filling – The filter cartridges used by this filter are capable of filtering the water quickly. This is a very important feature since the pitcher has a small capacity.
- Small Pitcher – This model’s pitcher has a small capacity, so you’ll have to refill it often throughout the day.
Read Full Review »Brita Atlantis Water Filter Pitcher
10. Seychelle Pitcher Water Filter Pitcher
Seychelle’s water filter pitcher uses two filter cartridges instead of one for faster water filtration. This is a good way to make sure you always have filtered water at your disposal.
Not only are the filter cartridges very fast when it comes to filtering the water, but they’re also very effective. They are capable of removing up to 99.99% of the usual water contaminants, producing clean and healthy water.
- Food Grade Materials – All the filter’s components that come in contact with the water are made out of food-grade materials. This is great because they won’t pollute your drinking water.
- Filters Work Fast – Using 2 filters instead of one has its advantages. The pitcher will fill faster than that of other models, and you will have more filtered water to drink
- Filters Are Prone To Clogging – These filters are very effective at removing contaminants, but they’re also prone to clogging. You should only use the filters on municipal water and avoid well water. You should also avoid filtering salty water, as even salt can clog the filters.
- Not Good For Hard Water – The minerals responsible for hardening the water can also clog the filters.
Read Full Review »Seychelle Water Filter Pitcher
11. Reshape Water Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
This Alkaline Water pitcher has a great design and it’s capable of filtering and alkalizing the water at the same time. One of the advantages of using this model is that it comes with not one but two filter cartridges. This means you’ll benefit from the healthy effects of alkaline filtered water for at least 2 – 3 months without making another investment.
Another advantage of using this water filter pitcher is its fast filtration rate. This model is capable of filtering 0.33 gallons (1 Liter) of water in under 15 minutes.
- Remineralized Water – This water filter pitcher will add minerals to the water, increasing its nutritional value.
- Commercial Grade Pitcher – This model’s pitcher is made out of thick ABS plastic. This plastic is more durable than the one used by other manufacturers, so it should last longer.
- Filters Are Hard To Change – More customers complained that the filters used by this manufacturer are difficult to change. Even though you don’t have to change them often, this can be annoying.
- Filtering Rate Differs – Even though this filter produces fresh water at a surprisingly fast rate when the filters are new, the filtering rate will slow down over time.
Read Full Review »Reshape Water Filter Pitcher
12. Lake Industries The Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
The pitcher water filter developed by Lake Industries is a great filter that comes at a good price. The filter will remove most of the usual contaminants from your drinking water, and it will also alkalinize it.
One of the advantages of choosing this filter pitcher is its clever ergonomic design. The design allows you to handle the pitcher with ease. You will be able to lift it, pour, and store it without spilling water.
Another advantage of using this filter is its clever mineral filter. This filter will add valuable minerals to your drinking water, and it will also reduce the sizes of the water molecules to increase their absorption rate.
- Cheap Filters – Even though this filter’s cartridges are very efficient, replacing them doesn’t cost much. This is a major advantage if you plan on using the filter for a long time.
- Good Alkalizer – This model’s filters are very good at raising the water’s pH. This will make the water healthier, as drinking alkaline water offers a lot of benefits.
- Fake Reviews – This manufacturer will send you a free filter cartridge if you give a 5-star rating to the filter. While this is a good way to receive a free filter, it means the real rating of the product is lower.
Read Full Review »Lake Industries Water Filter Pitcher
13. Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher
The Aquagear water filter pitcher uses some of the best water filter cartridges from all the pitchers we included on our list. Not only will their filter remove most of the usual contaminants in your water, but it will also remove some of the more difficult ones, such as lead or fluoride.
One of the advantages of choosing this water filter pitcher is that it comes with a lifetime guarantee for the pitcher. If it breaks, chips, or if it presents any defects, you can request a new one from the manufacturer.
- Removes Fluoride – This water filter model is certified to remove up to 90% of the fluoride in your water source.
- Long-Lasting Filters – The filter cartridges used by this manufacturer have a good filtering capacity. Each filter can last up to 3 months.
- Slow Filtering – Even though the filter cartridges used by this filter are very effective, they filter the water slowly. You have to be patient for a pitcher to fill.
- No Reminder – This model doesn’t use a reminder system to notify you when to change the filters.
Read Full Review »Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher
14. DRAGONN Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
The water filter pitcher produced by DRAGONN uses one of the most complex filter cartridges from all the filters we included on our list. This cartridge uses multiple technologies to remove the contaminants from your water, treat the water with infrared energy, and soften it by raising its pH.
Another advantage of using this model is the large pitcher it comes with. The pitcher has a capacity of 1 gallon, so you won’t have to refill it too often during the day.
- Good Water Alkalizer – This water filter pitcher is not only good at removing contaminants from your drinking water. It is also very effective at raising the water’s pH, making it more alkaline and healthier.
- Good At Remineralizing – The mineral filter used by this pitcher will add valuable minerals to your water source, increasing its nutritional value.
- Filters Get Often Clogged – The filter cartridges get clogged up more often than the ones used by other manufacturers. When this happens, you have to take them out of the pitcher and rinse them thoroughly.
- Filters Don’t Last Long – The filter cartridges will only last for about 1 – 2 months. Even if they don’t last long, they do a great job of filtering the water.
Read Full Review »DRAGONN Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
Water Filter Pitcher Buying Guide
No matter how pure you think your water is, the truth is that tap water often contains chemicals that you should not be drinking. Water filtration drastically reduces lots of contaminants like disinfection by-products, nitrate, lead, perchlorate, and many more.
There are a ton of water filters on the market and choosing the right one can be a tough job.
What to Consider When Buying a Water Filter Pitcher
This is because there is a lot to consider before investing your money in the right solution for your home. Here are a few questions that you might want to ask.
Do you know what’s in your tap water?
There are many ways to search for information about your local water system and learn about any contaminants that can be detected in your water supply. If you are concerned about what you learned, then it is time to buy a water filter.
How big is your household?
It is essential to consider this factor, as well. This is because water filters can purify different quantities of water, depending on the brand and price. The bigger your family is, the more water it will consume. Hence, you will need a pitcher with a more significant filtering capacity or a more frequent filter replacement.
How much is too much to pay for a water filter pitcher?
Buying a water filter pitcher is not different from buying a product of any other type. You know your budget, and for the money you intend to spend, you can always find the right solution. However, more expensive units offer better protection against a broader range of contaminants.
Who is going to use the water filter pitcher?
We should note that pitchers can be a bit heavy even when empty. So, imagine how much a full water filter pitcher will weigh. If you have kids at home and they are used to pouring water themselves, then a heavy pitcher might not be such a good idea. The same goes for people who are not that physically strong. Make sure to try holding an empty unit and check whether you feel comfortable with that.
The warranty is essential – some units come with a lifetime guarantee, others with less. But other than that, your choice must be protected.
Apart from an aesthetic point of view, the design of water filter pitchers is essential. Make sure to pick an item with an ergonomic handle to prevent water spills. Also, look at the lip of the pitcher – some models have a lid to cover it. The lid itself is a great thing to keep the filtered water inside the pitcher clean.
Key Features and Specifications of Water Filter Pitchers
Water filter pitchers have all the same function – to purify the tap water you use for drinking. However, different brands come with a variety of features that may or may not be the right for you. That is why our team has compiled a list of the most common characteristics that you may come across while searching for the perfect water filter pitcher.
Capacity for removing contaminants
All water filter pitchers are designed to make your drinking water free of dangerous substances found in tap water. However, some water filters can do more than that. There are units that will remove more than 90% of the fluoride. Other products, on the other hand, have a long list of contaminants that can be purified.
Boosting drinking water quality
Apart from purifying tap water, some units can add up more benefits to your health. You can find pitchers that are specifically intended to release minerals while filtering the water making it more nutritious.
Reminder for changing the filter
We think this feature is vital because you will not bother to remember when you last changed the water filter.
Some products have excellent purifying characteristics, but at the same time, filter the water very slowly. It is more likely to experience this with a pitcher working with one filter rather than with a unit using two filters.
Number of filters in the pitcher
As you may have already noticed, there are pitchers with two operating filters at the same time. This is extremely convenient and beneficial to the quality of the filtered water. However, such water filter pitchers might not be appropriate to be used for any other type of water except tap water. Other water sources may easily clog the filters and hence require more frequent maintenance.
The material of the pitcher
A high priority should be the durability of the pitcher itself. However, some units add up to the quality standard of the used materials. You can find pitchers made of ABS plastic or even ones designed with food-grade materials.
Remember that you also have the option of buying bottled alkaline water by choosing a high-quality alkaline water brand.
How Do Water Filter Pitchers Work?
Water filters use an activated carbon filter or a cartridge filter to block the contaminants flowing into the water. When you pour water into the pitcher, it will first enter the filter where the contaminants are removed. The water then slowly drains into the actual water container. When you want to pour the water into a glass, a bypass system allows it to exit the pitcher without passing through the filters on its way out.
What Is a Carbon Filter?
A carbon filter is usually produced from coconut shells, coal, lignite, wood, or petroleum pitch. The activated carbon is produced using one of the following processes
Physical Activation Through Carbonization
During this process, the source material is activated at temperatures between 600 – 900 degrees C (1112 – 1652 F) in an inert atmosphere, usually in the presence of nitrogen or argon.
Physical Activation Through Oxidation – The source material or the previously carbonized material is exposed to oxygen or steam, usually at temperatures between 600 – 1200 degrees C (1112 – 2192 F)
This process differs from manufacturer to manufacturer, but the principle of the process remains the same. Before the source material is carbonized, it is impregnated with different chemicals. The chemicals used are usually strong acids, bases, or sometimes salt. Most manufacturers use potassium hydroxide, calcium chloride, sodium hydroxide, and zinc chloride for this process.
Impregnating the source material before the carbonization makes the raw material easier to activate. Usually, the carbonization temperatures are lower (450-900 C) for impregnated materials. This is why the chemical activation is preferred over the physical one because the temperatures are lower, the activation time is shorter, so the manufacturer’s expenses are lower.
How A Carbon Filter Works
An activated charcoal carbon filter works using a natural phenomenon called adsorption. Absorption is the natural tendency of the atoms in a liquid, gas, or dissolved solids to adhere to a surface.
The activated charcoal has a very porous surface, and the nooks and crannies in its surface offer a lot of space for the ions to enter, trapping them. Thanks to its high porosity, a gram of activated carbon offers an adsorption surface of roughly 32,000 square feet.
When the water enters the filter, most of the ions of the contaminants in the water will adhere to the porous surface of the carbon. This will make the water cleaner and healthier.
After a shorter or longer period, the porous surface of the carbon is eventually filled with different particles, so the filter won’t be so efficient at trapping new ones. This is why you should periodically change your filters, as the manufacturers instruct.
Cartridge Water Filters
If you’re looking for a water pitcher filter, you must have noticed that some of them use cartridge filters. What exactly is a cartridge filter?
Well, a cartridge filter is a more advanced filter used by some manufacturers to filter out the contaminants in your water. Even though the cartridge filters use an activated carbon filter, they also use other technologies to provide better-tasting water.
Some cartridges will pass the water through 7 different filtering stages before releasing it into the water container. They use ion exchange resins, mineral balls, activated carbon, and tourmaline to filter the water. Find the best water ionizer for your home with our guide.
Ion exchange resins are actually tiny beads of the resin-filled with sodium particles. When magnesium and calcium particles come across a resin bead, they are attracted to its surface and adhere to it. The sodium in the beads is exchanged for the new particles, and the magnesium and calcium ions are trapped. The sodium is released into the water, but being in a small quantity, you won’t be able to tell it’s there most of the time. Check out our article on how to remove calcium from water, too.
Mineral balls add minerals to your drinking water. When the water passes through a filter, some of the good minerals it contains are also filtered out. This makes the water poorer in nutrients and less healthy. The mineral balls solve this problem by adding new minerals to the water after it’s filtered. This increases the water’s nutritional value, so it makes it healthier for you and your family.
Tourmaline is a mineral that is capable of conveying a small electric current. This current resonates within the far-infrared spectrum (FIR) with that of the water. This interaction makes the water molecules resonate with FIR frequencies. The frequencies are the same in your body, so your metabolism will increase after consuming water treated with tourmaline.
What Contaminants Do Water Filter Pitchers Remove?
Carbon filters are very effective at removing some contaminants from your drinking water, but they are not capable of removing all the contaminants in a water source all by themselves.
Unlike other filters, carbon ones remove the chemicals and debris by physically blocking or chemically removing them from the water. Here is a list of the particles the activated carbon filter will remove effectively
Usually used as a disinfectant for municipal water, chlorine not only changes the water’s taste, but is also related to several diseases. Activated charcoal filters will trap most of the chlorine in the water used for chlorine disinfection, so you won’t taste it anymore.
These compounds are usually present in the water as a by-product of the chlorine treatment. The result after chlorine interacts with the organic matter in the water. Many studies have linked these compounds with several illnesses, and governments set limits so they won’t threaten the life and well-being of the citizens. However, it would be better to avoid them at all costs, so a water filter will help in this regard.
Volatile Organic Chemicals
Usually called VOCs, these chemicals are found in the composition of most herbicides and pesticides. The chemicals are used for soil treatment, but some of them will find their way into the water. They might present some problems, especially if they’re ingested by the young or the elderly.
Giardia is a protozoan parasite that causes giardiasis. Giardiasis is an illness that might last up to six weeks. The symptoms include but are not limited to abdominal pain, diarrhea, and weight loss. Some people might also experience fever, vomiting, and blood in their stool. Giardia spreads through its cysts. These cysts can survive up to 3 months in cold water, so once a water source is infested, it’s hard to completely clear it.
Cryptosporidium is another protozoan parasite blocked by the carbon filter. It can cause a gastrointestinal and respiratory illness called cryptosporidiosis. This illness can affect the distal small intestine and the respiratory tract causing watery diarrhea and an unexplained cough. This is a particularly dangerous disease for people with a compromised immune system when it can actually be fatal.
A cartridge filter will be able to remove other contaminants as well, as the other technologies involved will target specific components.
What Are Water Filter Pitchers?
Water filter pitchers are self-contained, fully functioning water filters that produce clean drinking water. Water filter pitchers come with a water container capable of holding different volumes, depending on the model.
These filters are usually made out of a lid, one or two filters, and a container with a variable capacity.
Who Should Buy a Water Filter Pitcher
Drinking clean water is essential for everyone’s health, but finding a way to purify your tap water should be one of your priorities. Using water filter pitchers has many benefits, and we believe you will find yourself in the following descriptions. Our team has created this list to help you decide whether you need to have such a unit at your home.
You should buy a water filter pitcher if you:
- Spend too much money on buying bottled water.
Choosing filtered water will reduce your expenses. Moreover, you will know what you drink and whether it was correctly stored. Another alternative is a filtered water bottle.
- Have children
Filtered water is the best way you can protect your children from taking in contaminants and harmful chemicals found in tap water.
- Want to have a healthy lifestyle
Our bodies are made up of more than 90% water. This means that its quality is vital to be in excellent physical and mental shape.
- Want to save up space in your home
Huge bottles of mineral water with a water dispenser can be a temporary solution to using clean water. Moreover, they take up too much space, which can be frustrating if your home is not that big. A water filter pitcher, on the other hand, can not only stay invisible on your kitchen counter but also exceed the quality of the bottled water. If you do not mind saving space, you can consider getting a top-rated countertop water filter, too.
Why You Should be Using a Water Filter Pitcher
There are a lot of reasons why you should use a water filter pitcher in your home. The most important reason is the purer, healthier water they produce. Another reason is that the water you drink is usually not as clean as you believe.
Tap water travels for miles through a usually old system of pipes before it reaches your faucet. Even though the water might be very clean as it leaves the municipal water treatment facility, traveling through the pipes might contaminate it. All sorts of contaminants can be found in old pipes, and they include bacteria, heavy metals, fungi, microorganisms, and harmful chemicals.
A water filter pitcher is an inexpensive solution to this problem. All the water you put into the pitcher is treated in about 30 – 60 minutes, and most of the harmful contaminants are removed.
3 Health Benefits of Water Filter Pitchers
There are a lot of health benefits to drinking filtered water.
- No Chlorine – Chlorine can be harmful to humans, and a lot of studies have linked chlorine consumption with different illnesses. Read our article to learn how to remove chlorine from water.
- Less Lead – A large amount or even all of the lead present in your drinking water can be filtered. This will lower the risk of contracting a disease brought by lead ingestion.
- No Plastic – Some of the plastic in the bottles used for storing water might be harmful to your health.
When & How to Change a Water Pitcher Filter
Most manufacturers offer clear instructions on how often to change the water filter. However, this period might vary according to the contamination level of your water source. If your water is heavily contaminated, you will have to change the filters more frequently.
Changing the water filters for your water filter pitcher will take up to 10 minutes every 2 – 3 months, and even though this process will vary according to your model, here is how it’s usually done.
- Fill a bowl with cold water
- Submerge the new filter all the way into the water and let it soak for 10 -15 minutes
- Take the filter out of the water and drain it a bit
- Put the new filter in the pitcher
- Fill the pitcher three times and throw away the water to help the carbon filter to activate
- The pitcher is now ready to use.
Water Filter Pitcher FAQs
- What does BPA-free mean?
When you see that a pitcher is made out of BPA-free materials, it means that the plastic used in its construction does not contain chemicals that might seep into the water polluting it.
- How often do I have to change the filters?
The filters will filter out contaminants for more or less time, depending on the contamination level of your water source. If your water is highly contaminated, the filters will clog up faster. Usually, you will only have to change the filters once every 2 -3 months.
- How to know when to change the filters?
The easiest way to tell when the filters need changing is to mark the date you installed them in a calendar, or somewhere you can see them. This will be a constant reminder. You can also change the filters if you notice the water is draining slower than usual, or if its taste changes.
Water filter pitchers offer a simple and inexpensive solution to filtering your drinking water. Whether you drink water from a well or the municipal pipes, the water reaching your faucet might not be as clean as you think.
The pitchers we presented will not only improve your drinking water’s taste and odor, but will also improve your overall health. Access to clean water is one of the basic human necessities, and these water filters produce high-quality water at a cheap price.
We’re certain that after reading our water filter pitcher reviews and the comprehensive buying guide, you are able to determine which is the best water filter pitcher for your home.
3 thoughts on “14 Best Water Filter Pitchers – (Reviews & Buying Guide 2021)”
My name is Amy and I am the executivie customer service support specialist for Invigorated Living, the #1 pitcher on your site.
First…thanks so much for finding our product and having it such a great light.
I wanted to let you know that both of your cons are wrong, and I am kindly asking that you remove them.
1.) we DO NOT give out free filters, and I hate to say it, but I think your articles suggests that we do and then thinks we are shirking them when we say that we do not offer this. We let our superior product speak for itself!!
Again, I ask that this comment please be removed.
2.) There is not overfilling issue with this product. I believe you have old information from previous models. Again, can you please remove this as it is simply not true!
Thanks so very much!
Hi Amy, Thank you for the clarification. We have updated our review.
Very informative. Concise presentation