The Reshape Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher comes with 2 filter cartridges for longer water filtration. This filter is very effective at removing the contaminants in your water, and it will even remove fluoride.
This is a very good water filter and it offers great value for your investment. The filter is made out of sturdy ABS plastic which is capable of handling a rougher treatment from time to time. All the materials used for this water pitcher are BPA-free and approved by the FDA.
The filters used by this pitcher will remove most of the contaminants in your water source. This will make the water softer, but it will also lower its pH. That’s why the filters go the extra step and add healthy alkalinizing minerals. This will neutralize the water’s pH up to 9.5, and you will also benefit from the health effects of the added minerals. Magnesium, potassium, sodium, and calcium are added to the water, so it will have a similar structure to that of bottled water.
The high-quality water filters are able to filter at least 79 gallons of water. This amount can even be larger if your water source is not heavily contaminated.
One of the advantages of choosing this model is that it comes with SGS Certified filters. This means the filters are certified to remove the contaminants advertised, so you won’t need additional filters to reach the advertised values.
These filters also use one of the most complex filter cartridges you’re likely to find in today’s market. These cartridges use an activated carbon filter, an ion-exchange filter, FIR balls, and negative potential particles to remove the contaminants in your drinking water.
The first filter the water encounters is the ion exchange one. The resins in it are filled with salt ions, and when the calcium and magnesium in the water meet the resins, they will stick to the resin ball, releasing the sodium ions. This filter is very good at softening the water, and it also has a minor role in removing some contaminants floating in it.
The second filter the water passes through is the activated carbon. This is one of the most important steps in the filtration process because here multiple contaminants are removed. After the water passes through the activated carbon filter it has a lower concentration of heavy metals, cysts, pesticides, and it also smells and tastes better.
The third filter is the one containing FIR balls. These balls produce some infrared energy which will soften the water and negatively charge it for better absorption.
The fourth filter is the one filled with negative potential particles. These particles give off some oxidation-reduction potential to the water. This negative potential makes the water act as an antioxidant, so it will better at flushing toxins from your body.
The filters used by this model have a maximum filtering capacity of 79 gallons. This is not very high capacity, but it should provide enough filtered water for 1 – 2 months, depending on your water consumption. The manufacturer advises you to change the filters once every 75 days or when they filter the 79 gallons.
The water filter pitcher uses a digital countdown to keep track of when you need to replace the filter.
This filter comes with 2 filter cartridges, so you will benefit from almost 4 months of filtered water without additional expenses.
This water pitcher has a filtered water capacity of 0.65 gallons or 84 ounces. This is not very impressive. However, given that the filters ensure a filtered water flow rate of 5 minutes of 33.8 oz, you will be able to fill the whole pitcher in under 15 minutes. This will allow you to refill the pitcher as many times as you want throughout the day.
The pitcher has a great ergonomic design, so you will be able to pour the water without spillage.
- Remineralizing Filter – The filter will add beneficial minerals to your water source, increasing the water’s nutritional value
- Negatively Charged Water – Not only will this filter remove most of the contaminants in your drinking water, but it will also charge the water negatively. This will lead to an antioxidation effect which will do a better job of flushing the toxins out of your body
- All Parts Are Replaceable – You don’t have to buy a new unit if you damage or lose a part. All the parts are replaceable and you can buy them separately.
- Tough Filter Change – There is a long process you have to follow every time you want to change the filters. This can be tiresome, even if you don’t have to change the filters very often.
- Water Filters Slowly Towards The End – You don’t have to look at the digital counter to know when it’s time to change the filters if you’re using this model. You only have to look at how fast the water is filtered. If the water flow is high at the beginning, it can be painfully slow once the filters approach their filtration limit.