The Brita Atlantis is one of the most popular water filter pitchers on our list. One of the advantages of using this filter is its effective filter cartridge that’s also easy to change.
This is a popular water filter pitcher, and once you use it, it’s easy to understand why. The water filter is made out of BPA-free plastic and it has an ergonomic design that will help you manipulate, store, and fit the unit in the fridge without any problems.
The plastic container is large enough to hold up to 6 cups of water, so you will most likely need to refill the filter throughout the day. The filter’s design will allow you to fill it with water without having to take off the lid, for easier use.
The filters used by this unit are very effective, and they will be able to remove most of the contaminants in your water. The filters will remove most of the chlorine, copper, zinc, cadmium, and mercury, besides other debris. You will also benefit from an odor-free and taste-free water, as the filter will produce only clear and crisp water.
One of the advantages of using this filter is the helpful filter indicator. The indicator notifies you to change the filters, so you can always drink pure water.
We said it once, and we’ll say it again. Brita is one of the world leading water filter manufacturers so it’s only normal for their filter cartridges to be very effective. You wouldn’t expect anything else from them.
The filters used by this pitcher water filter are designed with efficiency in mind. When the water enters the filter, it first goes through a set of meshes. The first mesh will block the larger contaminants, while the second one the finer ones. At this point, most of the rust, dirt, debris, silt, and other large contaminants are removed.
After the water passes through the meshes, it will enter the filter properly. The interior of the filter is made out of a fibrous matrix, so it will slow the water going through it, prolonging its contact with the filters.
The water comes in contact with the activated carbon filter. This filter has a porous surface and thanks to a natural phenomenon called adsorption, the contaminants in the water will adhere to it. When the contaminants fill the nooks and crannies in the carbon’s surface, the filter needs changing. This is where most of the heavy metals, the bad tastes and odors, the chlorine, and more contaminants are removed.
After that, the water passes through an ion-exchange filter. This filter will soften the water by removing the minerals responsible for the limescale buildup. These minerals are magnesium and calcium, and to trap them the resin beads in the ion-exchange filter will release the sodium ions they contain. When the water exists this filter, it will be cleaner and softer.
The water produced by these filter cartridges is clean, crisp, and healthy. You can drink it and use it for cooking for a healthier life.
The filter cartridges used by this unit have to be changed once they filtered up to 40 gallons of water or once every two months. With a 40-gallon water filtering capacity, some people might need to change them more frequently than once every two months, depending on their water consumption.
The filters are easy to change, and buying a new set isn’t expensive. You will be notified when it’s time to change the filter by a sticker filter indicator.
The pitcher has a maximum capacity of only 6 cups or 0.375 gallons. This means you will most likely have to refill the pitcher more times every day to fill your household’s water needs.
The pitcher is made out of BPA-free plastic, so there’s no risk of it contaminating your water, even if you use it for a very long time.
- Pours Fast – Unlike other water filter pitchers, this model will pour the water fast, and refill fast as well. Since this model has a low-capacity pitcher, you will need to refill it multiple times per day.
- Filter Change Indicator – This Brita pitcher filter uses a sticker to notify you when it’s time to change the filters. This is a good way to track the filter’s longevity, as you’ll see the sticker every time you use the pitcher.
- Easy Filter Change – Changing this unit’s filter is very easy, unlike those of other models. The instructions manual provides an explicit guide on how to change the filters, so you shouldn’t have any problems.
- Lid Falls Off – This seems to be one of the design fouls when it comes to Brita pitcher filters. The lid falls off, so be careful when you pour if you want to avoid spillage.
- Small Pitcher – The pitcher has a very small capacity. You can only filter 0.375 gallons at once. This might be a problem for people with larger households.