The water filter pitcher produced by Seychelle uses not one but two filter cartridges for a faster water filtration. This model is great for larger households that have a higher water consumption.
OverviewThis pitcher is made out of FDA-approved materials, and all the plastic in its components is BPA free. The new design offers a better water flow, so the pitcher will be filled faster and you will also be able to pour water without spilling it.
The dual filters the pitcher uses can provide up to 200 gallons of filtered water, sometimes even more if your water source is not heavily contaminated. The filters are able to remove up to 99.99% of the contaminants commonly found in a water source, including chlorine, copper, some fluoride, lead, zinc, chromium, mercury, aluminum, and arsenic.
This water filter will effectively remove the bad contaminants while leaving the trace minerals in the water. You will still enjoy the beneficial effects of the healthy minerals like magnesium or calcium without having to worry about ingesting contaminants.
One of the disadvantages of using this model is that it won’t filter well water directly. You should only use it for filtering chlorinated water, or you should use another filter for your well water before this one.
Unlike other water pitcher filters, this model uses two filter cartridges instead of one. This is an advantage as the two filters are very efficient. They are capable of removing most of the contaminants in your drinking water while maintaining a good mineral level.
The filters will remove 99.99% of the contaminants, including but not limited to chlorine, chromium, arsenic, aluminum, copper, mercury, lead, fluoride, and zinc. The water produced after removing these compounds will be clear and crisp, with a wonderful taste.
There is, however, a downside to using these filters. They are not efficient at removing salts from the water. This is why you shouldn’t use them if your main water supply is also connected to a water softener using an ion exchange technology.
Because the water filter pitcher isn’t capable of filtering salts, you shouldn’t use it unless your drinking water comes from a disinfectant water supply. This means you shouldn’t use it for filtering well water unless it was previously filtered by a reverse osmosis or whole home filtration system that doesn’t have a softener.
But then again, why would you use a water filter pitcher if you already use a reverse osmosis system?
One of the advantages of using a dual filter water pitcher is that the water will be filtered faster.
Filter LongevityThe dual filter cartridges have a maximum filtration capacity of 200 gallons. This means you will get roughly 3 – 4 months of filtered water for every cartridge pair you buy.
Keep in mind that you should flush the filters before using them. Using a higher water pressure when you flush the filters will create more micro-fissures in the cartridge, ensuring a better water flow.
If your water has a high calcium or magnesium concentration the micro-fissures in the cartridge might get jammed, resulting in a slower water flow.
The pitcher has a maximum capacity of 64 ounces or 0.5 gallons. This means you will most likely have to refill the pitcher several times per day, depending on your water consumption.
The carafe, lid, and filter tray are made out of BPA-free plastic, and they can be washed in the dishwasher.
- Fast Filling Rate – One of the advantages of using two filters instead of one is that this model fills up quickly. If you flush the filters properly before you start using them, the water flow will be excellent.
- BPA-Free Plastic – All the plastic components used in this model’s construction are made out of BPA-free sources. This means that the plastic won’t leak into your water source, no matter how long you use the water filter for. This is a great feature, as ingesting plastic is considered toxic.
- Very Good Filters – The filters are capable of removing up to 99.99% of the usual contaminants found in a municipal water source.
- Doesn’t Filter Salt Water – The main disadvantage of using this water pitcher filter is that you shouldn’t use it for saltwater, even if the saltwater comes from a water softener. If you do, the filters will clog and you’ll have to buy new ones.
- Sensitive Filters – The filters are very efficient at blocking the contaminants from reaching your drinking water, but they are sensitive. If the water contains salt, or if it contains high levels of calcium or magnesium, the filter cartridges will get clogged.
- Calcium and Magnesium Might Affect Longevity – Water sources with high calcium and magnesium concentrations might block the filters, slowing or even stopping the filtration process altogether.