One of the definite advantages of this CuZn system is its long-lasting filter. Reportedly, it is capable of producing around 50 000 gallons of purified water. Depending on the quantity of water use, one filter can last around 5 years.
This system features three stages of filtration. There are two micro sediment membranes which trap the undissolved particles such as sand. The second stage consists of acid-washed coconut shell activated carbon, which removes taste and odor, as well as organic contaminants, such as chlorine, pesticides, THMs, and herbicides. The third stage is the powerful KDF-55 filtration media, which is responsible for the prevention of bacteria growth and unhealthy inorganic elements such as heavy metals and lead.
What Does It Remove?
The 3-staged filtration of this system makes it very efficient in eliminating most of the water contaminants. Two membranes gather the sand particles. Activated carbon eliminates all the organic pollutants, among which pesticides, herbicides, and chlorine, as well as odor and taste. A KDF-55 filtration media removes inorganic contaminants such as heavy metals.
Remember, the system purifies the water without depriving it of its beneficial hardness minerals. In other words, it is not a softener. Therefore, it won’t help you get rid of limescale mineral deposits caused by hard water.
The Contents of the Set
- An under counter water filter
- A stainless steel hose
- All the necessary components for the installation
Note that the only tool that you will need, which is not included in the package is an adjustable wrench.
What to Expect?
The first thing you need to know about this product is that its installation is supposed to be easy, and it takes only a few minutes. All the necessary components for it are included in the package. Apart from the parts which come with the product, you will only need an adjustable wrench to tighten the connections. Unlike some other products of the same class, this one doesn’t require an additional faucet as it is directly connected to your cold water line.
There are only two easy things you need to do. The first one is to disconnect the existing cold water line and then attach the outlet of this filter to it. Afterward, you need to connect the stainless steel hose, included in the package to the cold water and the inlet of this filter. If you are still not confident about how to mount the unit, the manufacturers have provided some tutorials on installation. If you follow the steps suggested in them, you will find the mounting process a snap.
Don’t worry if anything happens to this water filter during the first five years after purchase as it comes with a 5-year pro-rated performance warranty. On top of that, if you are not satisfied with the system, you can return it during the first 90 days after purchase. Keep in mind that this water filter is designed to be used only with municipal water. So you shouldn’t apply it for your well water.
- All the necessary components for the installation of this water filter are included in the package.
- Due to its 3-stages filtration, this system eliminates sand and most of the organic and inorganic contaminants from your water.
- This product is covered by a 5-year pro-rated performance warranty.
- Compared to other similar under sink filters, this one proves to be more long-lasting than them. It can filter around 50,000 gallons of water before you need to change it. So you need to replace the filter once in five years approximately.
- You may find the unit of this system a bit bulky, so you will need more space for it than other similar products would require.