The Watts system is equipped with a 24-hour dual setting timer, which is intended to conserve energy as it operates only when necessary. Whenever you need hot water, the programmable timer activates the pump. This system is designed to work with zero flow, which explains why it uses less electricity. So when the sensor valve closes, the water is not being moved. When the sensor valve reopens, it is the pump that moves water from the hot water line to the cold water one.
Unlike other products, this one requires no electricity for the sensor valves to operate. They keep the water temperature at the faucet at 100 degrees, which is comfortably warm and safe.
What Does It Do?
The Watts recirculating system can provide enough hot water on demand for every faucet and shower at your home. Doing so, it reduces the wasting of water. Another benefit of this product is that it is a budget-friendly option if we take into account the fact that it saves up to 15,000 gallons of water annually. If we calculate this money-wise, we will come to the conclusion that you will spend only $ 0, 5 daily for its operation. Do the math, and you will see that this system will save you 10% of your bill annually.
If you want to use this unit without the sensor valve, you have to install a separate return line. However, you should be warned that you will have very hot water running since there is no temperature control at the faucet. In case your hot water line is in a loop, then the only thing you need to do is to hook the pump up to the sink furthest from the water heater, and you will have hot water in all faucets. If you have more than one plumbing loops at your home, then the Watts offers a system with additional sensor valves.
The Content of the Set
- A pump with a timer and a 10ft electric cord;
- Valve mounting screws;
- Two adapters with rubber washers;
- Two 12-inch supply lines;
- A sensor valve;
Voltage: 120 volts;
Weight: 6, 4 pounds;
Dimensions: 6, 25 x 6 x 5 inches
Material: Cast Aluminum
Warranty: 1 year
What to Expect?
The first thing you need to know is that it will take you less than 1 hour to install this product. Apparently, it is elementary to mount, and it doesn’t require any extra piping. Don’t worry – everything that you need to set it working is included in the package. You can install the pump anywhere as long as it is in a hot water line which comes from the heater. Another thing you may like is that this unit doesn’t require any maintenance. Apart from this, the Watts system is extremely quiet as it operates with no vibrations, so it won’t bother your daily routines and the comfort of spending time at home. Moreover, you will notice that the flow of the water running through the pump is not restricted.
- This Watts system is an energy-friendly product as it provides hot water on demand. This is achieved due to a 24 dual setting timer, which activates the pump only when you need it.
- Thanks to its sleek design, this unit can be installed anywhere as far as it is connected to the hot water line coming from the heater.
- You may like that you can install this pump in less than an hour, and you don’t need to maintain it afterward.
- Since this system doesn’t produce vibrations when operating, it is very quiet.
- You shouldn’t use this unit with tankless water heaters as it cannot handle the pressure with which they drop water.
- You still have to wait 5 seconds for the hot water to come.