This Franke product is a hot water tank which is capable of holding 0,5 gallon of water. A useful feature Is that it is made of stainless steel, which has proved to be a very durable material. As the central element inside the tank operates with 780 watts, it makes it a powerful hot water dispenser to provide you with around 60 cups of water per hour.
If you notice any leaking from the tank, don’t panic! There is a cure for this issue! Most probably, it is caused by a broken supply nut. Fortunately, this element can be replaced. However, to avoid this problem, it is recommended to make sure that the faucet remains securely fastened in place. Note that it shouldn’t be moving while you are using it.
Remember that this system is designed to be a water heater, not a filter. If you want your water to get purified, you can purchase a filter separately and connect it to the dispenser and the water supply. Note, that it is advisable to mount this tank under your sink.
Thanks to the flexible hose connection kit that comes with this unit, it can easily get connected to the faucet. Reportedly, the installation of this tank will take you less than 30 minutes. Moreover, if you ever need to open the unit and check for damaged parts, you can quickly do this by using standard screwdrivers.
You won’t have to buy any tools for installing the tank as everything necessary for it is included in the package. So you will definitely save money on the installation considering the fact that you won’t pay an expert plumber to do it and you won’t need to buy any tools.
However, you should keep in mind that this product is only the tank. If you intend to replace only an existing tank, then you won’t find the installation a challenge. However, if you don’t have a current instant hot water system, then you will have to buy additionally some parts such as hoses, a faucet, a filter, and filter housing. The product comes with its own three-prong power cord previously connected to it.
If you need to replace this tank, you need to follow several steps. First, you have to turn off the supply line. Then remove the neoprene tube from the top centered nipple. If you inspect the copper tubing carefully, you will see that it is attached to a white special compression fitting. Look at the top part of that fitting and search for a small tab. You can either push the tab inward into the fitting to lift the copper tubing out or lift the tab and then pull the copper tubing out.
Item weight: 8 ounces
Product dimensions: 17 x 5, 75 x 12, 75 inches
Voltage: 120 volts
Wattage: 1300 watts
Warranty and Service
Franke has provided a one – year warranty for this product.
- Everything needed for the tank’s installation comes with it, and you won’t have to buy extra tools to mount it under your sink. However, this is valid only in the case in which you use this device as a replacement for an existing tank. Otherwise, you will need to buy some parts to mount the unit.
- This tank is designed for DYI installation. So you will also save money by not paying a professional to install the unit.
- A three-prong power cord is included in the package of the product.
- This tank is made of stainless steel, which is a very durable material.
- You can get 60 cups of hot water per hour from this device.
- You may notice some leaking from the tank. Even though it is an annoying issue, it is repairable. You will most probably have to replace a supply nut that has been damaged.