Convenience is the name of the game. We have all been at the beach or camping looking to drink something cool. Carrying bottles is not always optimal especially during larger gatherings. This is when you want something substantial but easy to pour from.
That’s when you have to get the best water jug cooler possible. This marvelous invention allows you to pour your beverage directly from the dispenser. The best part is that it is portable so that you can carry it with you. But you probably already know all that.
You are here to find the most suitable unit for your needs, and we will help you. Check out our expert reviews of water jug coolers below and make the correct decision within minutes.
Why Would You Need a Water Jug Cooler?
No matter where you are and what you are doing at some point you need water. Since you can’t put water in your pocket you need something to contain it in. Amongst the many options, the water jug cooler is a pretty cool one.
The idea of a water cooler jug rings the convenience bell pretty hard. When developing a product any manufacturers’ goal is to reach the highest level of convenience for the users when using their product. This is not an easy task, but it is a fun one because it needs imagination amongst other things.
Using a water jug cooler gives you the freedom to enjoy the outdoors for a long time. You can take it anywhere with you and have enough water to last. Not just water, but clean and cool water, depending on the model you’ve chosen. Just like the water cooler gives you convenience in your home or the office. If you haven’t upgraded your water cooler yet have a look at this review of quality water coolers to help you.
Where Can I Use a Water Cooler Jug? Just a Few Ideas
- One of the best places during summer – The Beach. You can have cool water throughout the hot day and use it as a table for playing cards.
- The perfect picnic attribute. Water for everyone and a mixer for the drinks.
- Taking the team to outdoor practice. Half the quantity of plastic bottles that might be used.
- Going to the cabin. Don’t worry about the pipes having rusted, you will have enough until you fix them.
There are many options for such products and each additional functionality adds value. Getting a cheaper one can actually cost you more in the long run because you will be sacrificing the qualities you are looking for, like long-lasting cool water, for example.
There are always ways to reduce purchase cost, but it is best to make an informed smart choice before deciding what would be sacrificial. A jug that does not only keep water cool but also filters it will be more expensive, you can reduce that cost by getting one that doesn’t have a filtering option and just get a water filtering bottle. You will pay less for the jug but still have clean water. Check out this review of top-rated water filter bottles, to get some more insight.
This same trick you can do by using a water pitcher. Fill it from the jug and place it on the picnic table. Here is a guide to high-quality water filter pitchers, where you can research some of the best ones.
Top-rated Water Jug Coolers Reviews
We have arranged the top units in no particular order. Each one of them has its own strengths and weaknesses. Check them all out.
Best Water Jug Coolers Comparison Chart
Coleman 5 Gallon Water and Beverage Cooler
|View On Amazon|
Rubbermaid Commercial 5-Gallon Liquid Cooler
|View On Amazon|
Arrow Home Clear Re-Usable Liquid Dispenser
|View On Amazon|
Coleman 2-Gallon Stacking Dispenser
|View On Amazon|
Reliance Products Rigid Water Container & Dispenser
|View On Amazon|
Gatorade Half Gallon Water & Beverage Cooler
|View On Amazon|
Arrow Home Clear Beverage Dispenser
|View On Amazon|
Ridgeline Insulated Water Container
|View On Amazon|
Igloo Portable Water Dispenser with Flat Seat Lid
|View On Amazon|
1. Coleman 5 Gallon Water and Beverage Cooler
The Coleman cooler is an excellent option for any camping trips or outdoor work if you want to keep any beverage or water inside cool. It’s made out of plastic and it’s 13 inches tall. The lid is a screw-top and it stays secure, but if you are transporting the cooler with water inside, it may leak from the lid. There is a faucet you can use to fill your cup once you’ve set up the cooler at the destination you chose. It was created to keep cold beverages cool and protect them from the outside forces, so once you close the lid, nothing can get inside of it. This makes it a good choice for camping trips, outdoor BBQs, and outdoor work crews.
- Two handles can be used for easy transportation and lifting.
- It has low CO2 insulation that helps with carbon emissions from carbonated drinks.
- The faucet is easy-to-use for filling bottles or cups.
- It keeps the liquid inside cool, especially if ice is used for prolonged periods.
- Water has a different taste and odor inside if not cleaned properly.
- The faucet sometimes leaks if you push the button too hard.
2. Rubbermaid Commercial 5-Gallon Liquid Cooler
The plastic cooler can be used for water, beverages, or any other liquid you might want to keep cool during hot days outside. It weighs four pounds when it’s empty and it’s almost thirteen inches in length. You can use the two handles on both sides of the cooler for easy transportation and lifting. Don’t tip the cooler over when it’s full because it may leak from the top seal. You can use the spigot on the bottom side to fill cups or bottles with water and the cooler is insulated-enough to keep the water cool for a couple of hours.
Although it isn’t a good choice if you need cool water for days, because it isn’t that well insulated. The cooler is only appropriate to keep liquids cool, but not for hot beverages. The capacity of the cooler is eighteen liters, and if you don’t want any of your liquids spilled during transportation, you may need to fill in a few liters below the capacity.
- The handles on the sides make it perfect for transportation.
- It’s made of polyethylene, which is crack and drop-resistant.
- There is a spigot, which is drip-resistant.
- You can only use it for liquids below 75 degrees.
- It isn’t well insulated and the liquid isn’t cool for long periods.
- It leaks from the top if it’s tipped over.
3. Arrow Home Clear Re-Usable Liquid Dispenser
The portable dispenser can be used for any type of cool liquid, like water or beverages. You can keep it in your refrigerator to keep the liquid inside cool. You need to install the gasket and spigot correctly and tighten the lids very well to make sure there won’t be any leaks. One may need to use Teflon tape to secure the lids, to prevent any leaks when transporting. The container is 2.5 gallons and it’s made of BPA-free plastic. The material is also stain-resistant, which means that you can fill it with any colored liquid, and you won’t worry about stains if you want to use it for water later. You can refill it multiple times, but we don’t recommend it for long-term usage.
- There is a touch spout for dispensing water.
- It has a handle above the dispenser, so it can be carried easily.
- It’s designed to fit into your refrigerator.
- There is a cap on top you can use to refill it.
- It’s made of BPA-free and stain-resistant plastic.
- If it’s not tightened enough it can leak from the spout.
- It isn’t designed to be filled with hot liquids.
- You may also need to use Teflon tape to secure the lids.
4. Coleman 2-Gallon Stacking Dispenser
The Coleman stacking dispenser offers a fun way to introduce multiple beverages and stack them on top of each other at parties, BBQs, picnics, etc. It’s made out of plastic and it’s easy to carry it with the single bail handle on top. The capacity of the container is two gallons and it’s ten inches high. This makes it perfect for small functions. The dispenser has a removable spigot, which you can easily remove and clean. The spigot lets you fill your cups, but the liquid can’t flow freely, so you will have to press the button to activate the flow. The top of the container is screwed on and the surface would perfectly fit the bottom of another dispense of the same kind.
- You can buy multiple dispensers and stack them on top of each other.
- The bail handle makes transportation easy.
- It has a built-in faucet you can use to dispense drinks.
- You can store cold drinks during a hot day.
- The flow of liquid can be slow if you tightly screwed the lid.
- If you tip it over, it may leak from the lid.
- The lid isn’t insulated which doesn’t keep the liquids cold for long periods.
5. Reliance Products Rigid Water Container & Dispenser
Reliance Products created a rigid water container, which you can use to store your water or other cool beverage. The capacity of the Jerry Can is seven gallons, but we don’t recommend you fill it to the top, especially if you will transport it with water inside. It has two grips featured, which you can use to carry it with ease and it comes with its spigot, which you can use to pour water into cups or any other small containers. Thanks to the placements of the handles, you can fasten the unit when you transport it, but make sure it’s with the lid is upward, because it may leak. It also features a small air-vent on top of the spigot.
- There are two grip handles you can carry it by, which makes it easier.
- You can attach the spigot if you want to pour the water from the jug.
- The leaking when transporting is minimal if you place it with the lid facing upwards.
- You can use it multiple times after cleaning it, of course.
- You can use the two handles to securely fasten the container when transporting it.
- It is heavy to carry after it’s full of water or another liquid.
- The air-vent and screw spigot aren’t insulated enough and you may experience leaks.
- It’s not suitable for long-term usage.
6. Gatorade Half Gallon Water & Beverage Cooler
The cooler allows you to store your water or beverage for some time before the inside is room-temperature. It has a bail handle which makes carrying it straightforward and comfortable. The lid is screwed on to prevent any leaks and it has a recessed faucet which you can use to pour into cups or drink from it directly.
The container can hold half a gallon of water or almost two liters. It is made out of BPA-free plastic, so you don’t have to worry about any contaminants, but there is still a plastic smell and taste if it isn’t cleaned properly before and after usage. The handle isn’t made out of hard, but soft plastic, which is more comfortable when you are carrying it. The bail handle is thicker on the top, so it won’t hurt your hands if you are carrying it for longer periods. The most significant flaw is that when you lift it to drink directly from it, water can sometimes leak from the underside of the screw-on lid.
- It holds half a gallon of liquid which isn’t that heavy to carry.
- You can drink from the spigot on the lid and pour from it.
- The lid is screwed on and there is a bail handle.
- When you lift the cooler, water leaks from the underside of the lid if it isn’t screwed on tightly.
- The water doesn’t remain cool for very long periods.
- It isn’t suitable for long camping trips without a source of fresh/cool water.
7. Arrow Home Clear Beverage Dispenser
This simple beverage dispenser is used for water or beverage storage. You can fill it from the hole on the top of the container and then use the screw-on lid to close it. The hole is large enough and makes filling the container and adding ice easy. There is also a touch spout dispenser which has two modes – hands-free dispensing and dispensing small amounts of liquid. The container can hold 2.5 gallons of liquid and it has one handle between the spigot and top screw. You can fit it inside your refrigerator to keep your water or beverages cool. The dispenser is made of BPA-free plastic and it’s 9.5 inches tall, 5,5 inches wide, and 14.8 inches long.
- Its dimensions are easy-to-fit into your refrigerator or any other medium space.
- The container can hold 2.5 gallons of liquid.
- There is a screw-top and handle for easy transportation.
- You can use the spigot to pour water freely or control the flow.
- You will only get a good flow as long as the lid isn’t air-tight.
- There isn’t an air-flow hole, so you have to unscrew the top for the spigot to dispense water.
- The plastic is very thin and it’s not suitable for outdoor or long-term usage.
8. Ridgeline Insulated Water Container
The Ridgeline water jug is perfect for outdoor ventures, like camping, parties, or picnics. It is designed for cool beverages and it has insulation properties, which means that once you close the lid the liquid inside would stay cool for a certain period before reaching room temperature. It has a faucet at the bottom of the water jug, which features a button. Once you press the button, you can pour the liquid inside of the container into a cup or a small bottle.
The insulated container comes with stickers you can use to decorate it however you like. It is 9.7 inches tall, 11.4 inches wide, and 9.7 inches long. It is made of two types of plastic and EPS insulators. The lid is a screw-type and there is a setting that you can turn on it, so the faucet can start working.
- The water jug holds two gallons of liquid.
- The jug is insulated, and it keeps the beverages cool for long periods.
- It’s easy to carry the container thanks to the square-shaped bail handle on top.
- The water doesn’t stay cool for long periods if you don’t add ice to the jug.
- The container may leak if you don’t tighten the screw lid and tip it sideways.
9. Igloo Portable Water Dispenser with Flat Seat Lid
The portable water dispenser is a great choice for outdoor water storage, even in places with high temperatures. It comes with a pressure-fit lid that prevents mold or dirt accumulation. The lid is connected to the cooler with a “keeper cord” and it comes with reinforced handles. There isn’t a problem if you leave it in the sun because of the infrared technology and UV inhibitors used to protect the contents inside.
You can dispense the water or beverage without problems with the angled spigot, which prevents any dripping afterward. You should be careful when transporting water or other beverages in this cooler because since the top is flat it can leak from it if it’s tilter or when it sloshes around during transport. It’s mostly used for camping trips or by outdoors work crews who don’t have access to drinking water.
- It’s easy-to-carry thanks to the handles.
- It works in hot environments by keeping the liquid inside cold.
- The lid is affixed to the cooler via a keeper cord, so you won’t lose it.
- It can keep the liquids cold for up to three days if you use ice.
- The liquid can leak from the lid when tilted or transported.
- Water can have a different taste once it has been inside the cooler.
Size Does Matter
Water cooler jugs are available in many sizes due to the variety of purposes that might arise. If you are looking to quench the thirst of a football team you will get a five-gallon (more than eighteen liters) one and it will be enough for everyone throughout the whole day. When going to a picnic with your family a jug of one to two gallons (three and a half or seven liters) will serve you sufficiently.
Choosing the right jug can help you save money and water. Don’t just buy the bigger one. Take some time to analyze the drinking habits of your family or team members. There is usually a big difference between the way people drink water and the quantity they intake during the day. Some drink a lot, others tend to use water only for washing. Most of the time you will either be left with a lot of water in the jug (which will just stay there and get old) or you will be left without when someone is thirsty.
Calculating always helps save money. Its downside is that it is not for everybody. If you are not that type of person just ask that friend who always shows off their calculating skills to help you. They will feel good about themselves and you will have the information you need to make the right choice. Of course, it is not only about quantity but also quality.
No matter what you decide to contain your water in it will be great if that water is clean. Distilled water is considered the cleanest water. Here is a guide to high-quality water distillers for more information. Use that friend again to help you calculate what would be the best choice for you.
In What Sizes Do Water Cooler Jugs Come?
- The team size jug – four and five gallons or fifteen and nineteen liters
- Big family-oriented size – three and two gallons or eleven and seven and a half liters
- Moderate but sufficient size of one gallon or almost four liters
Easy Fun Maintenance
We should always keep in mind that there will be a need of washing whenever we talk about storing our water container. The best thing would be to give the jug a quick wash after every use. It sounds hard or even up there with impossible, especially if we are talking about a big sized, frequently used jug but it is not. There are many options and tricks you could pull to achieve that.
Let’s say you are the coach, and it is time to refill the jug. There is most certainly one team member that needs some extracurricular activity to get their head straight. Since you can always make the same person do it, make them take turns. It is their water; they will be drinking it and any task is easier when the work is shared.
The same goes for family members. Well, you can always ask the kids to do it with the pretense of your hands being too big to fit inside the jar and scrub it.
What Can I Clean the Water Cooler Jug With?
- The old-fashioned dish soap – what you would wash your dishes with.
- If it is really dirty you can use more scrubbing and the cheapest solution, there is – vinegar and baking soda.
- A smaller-sized and dishwasher-safe jug can save you water for washing and effort.
- A solution of unscented bleach and water will remove dirt and any odor from the jug. Make sure you rinse well after that.
It’s about time we parted ways, but we remain confident that our article has really helped you in your quest of finding the best water jug cooler on the market. See our product reviews again if you need to, and make the right selection.
Reading the top water jug cooler reviews will definitely help.
Meanwhile, make sure you see our other useful articles and share them with friends. Always contact us with feedback as it pushes us to be better.
Thanks for reading and as always – stay put!