The AquaOX whole house filter is definitely a step in the right direction because it is a unit that changes water filtration as we know it. There are a few features that truly stand out and make this system an excellent value purchase.
Similar to all whole house water filtration systems, this one also focuses on providing your home with filtered water from every tap. What the manufacturer takes pride in the most is the 7-stage filtration that happens in this tank. You got:
- A pre-sediment filter – the first stage gets rid of all the larger particles and solids such as dirt.
- KDF 55 – this stage focuses on filtering out metals such as mercury and lead. It will also prevent various bacteria from forming.
- KDF 85 – this stage is solely devoted to getting rid of Hydrogen sulfide.
- The Garnet stage – this one will assist the pre-sediment filter when it comes to removing various solids.
- Catalytic adsorptive carbon – this is where the real magic happens. Your water will be free of chlorine and chloramine after this stage. Additionally, some VOCs will also be removed.
- Activated coconut shell carbon – this is a reasonably well-known stage in any whole house water filtration system. It will further remove chlorine, VOCs, and solvents.
- Filter-AG – the last part of the filtration will also enhance the water pressure that you get from your tap.
One of the most significant advantages of this water filtration system is that it will maintain itself on its own. The Vortech plates, which are part of the system, will aid with the sanitizing backwash. Corrosion within the tank itself will be brought down to minimum levels, and you will enjoy filtered water for a long time.
There are 2 variations of the product – a regular one and an XL one:
- Regular – will be able to cover 2-3 bathrooms within one property. It will also give you a GPM flow of 15.
- XL – the larger tank will be able to cover 4+ bathrooms and will provide you with a GPM flow of above 35.
Finally, let’s point out the presence of the Fleck Digital Head. This is the brain of your system, and it will allow you to set and control your unit easily. The head requires a regular 110V outlet.
What Does it Remove?
We already mentioned the 7-stage cleaning process, and if we take a closer look at it, we will find out that the AquaOx whole house filter will rid you of most metals in your water along with the pesky VOCs.
Needless to say, your water will be free of solids and sediment because of the thorough pre- sediment filter. Chlorine and chloramine are two of the worst contaminants that you can encounter. They will be filtered out as well. The system cannot remove fluoride, however.
The Contents of the Set
You are not going to find many things in the box, mainly because the system has its most essential parts inside the tank. This product does not have an external pre-filter for sediment because it is in the tank.
Together with your tank, you will get the Fleck Digital head and the proper fittings. You will find a 1 ¼-inch glue fitting and a 1 ¼-inch male threaded NPT fitting. When it comes to the actual pipes and valves, you will be required to purchase them separately.
What to Expect?
This whole house water filtration system comes with a very long life. The regular one will last you for about 2 million gallons, and the XL version will have an even 33% longer life. The best part is that no replacement filters will be required. The backwash system of the unit will take care of the maintenance. AquaOx also gives you a 7-year warranty.
As far as the quality of water goes, you can expect cleansed water, which will make your skin feel softer and younger. Your water will be safe for drinking, cooking, and washing.
- 7-stage filtration – no other product on the market packs so many stages of filtration in one tank
- No maintenance – you will not need to purchase and replace filters
- Comes in 2 sizes – you can pick the most convenient option depending on the size of your
- Long-life – the manufacturer promises at least 2 million gallons of filtered water
- Does not remove fluoride
- Will not increase the alkalinity of your water
- Requires access to an electrical outlet