Here we have an under sink system that has not one, not two, but four cartridges to ensure maximum efficiency and purification of your water.
It takes just one glance, and you will immediately know that this filtration system is among the most effective ones you will ever find. To be honest, the biggest downside here is the fact that it will serve only one faucet in your home.
We loved the 4-stage filtration that this CU-A4 gives us, and we can only regret that we can’t plug it to every faucet in the house.
So what you get here is the following: Four cartridges, and each one of them has its own responsibility along the way.
- The 5-micron (PP) sediment filter will eliminate the “big boys” among the contaminants. It battles mud, sand, and all sorts of sediment. This a really vital part if you purify well water.
- The Ultra Filtration (UF) features a hollow fiber membrane, which is more effective than a regular carbon block.
- This is the KDF + GAC cartridge. The acronyms stand for Kinetic Degradation Fluxion and Granular Activated Carbon. Chloramine is removed in that stage. Along with that, many heavy metals will be filtered out.
- Post Activated Carbon Ultra-micron is the final stage.
One of the fine features that his system has is the possibility to be connected to a fridge and a kitchen faucet at the same time. When it comes to GPM, you should be able to fill a 1-gallon bottle in about 1 minute or 55 seconds.
What Does It Remove?
Because this is basically a RO system (thanks to the presence of the 0.1-micron Ultra Filtration membrane), it will practically get rid of 99% of the contaminants in your water. This includes TDS, heavy metals, herbicides, pesticides, arsenic, chloramine, etc.
The only knock on the effectiveness of the unit is that it will not filter our fluoride.
Your water will be odorless and will have no bad smell. The CU-A4 will give you excellent water for cooking and drinking. We can safely say that even your coffee will taste better with it.
The Contents of the Set
Along with the 4 cartridges, you also get a stainless-steel faucet with a chrome finish. You have to plan for it because it also requires a designated location on your kitchen sink. Fittings are also included. You do not need a bypass valve for the installation of the filter.
Also, a considerable advantage is that while this unit will perform as well as a RO system, it does not need a water tank to collect water.
When it comes to fittings, everything is included in the package but will be happy to find out that you only have to snap the cartridges together.
What to Expect?
For the system to even work, you have to have all filters in place. If you miss even of them, the filters will not function. Also, don’t worry about the strength of the faucet valve. It is robust enough and will be able to sustain intensive use.
When it comes to filter life, the 4 cartridges have their own individual properties. The good thing is that no filter will last shorter than six months. Of course, it depends on the level of use. Typically, no filter will last more than a year too.
- Extensive filtration. The 0.1-micron stage really makes a difference.
- Ease of installation. The fittings only have to be snapped.
- Relatively long lifespan. You will have to change filters not more often than 6 months.
- Excellent value for your money
- The system does not remove fluoride
- There is no timer to remind you of filter change
- The GPM may be less than 1 gallon per minute.