We present to you the Ehm Ultra Premium Alkaline Water Pitcher. This model pitcher works with one filter to reduce the amounts of chlorine and fluoride, as well as the pH levels. Thus, it delivers more alkaline water at the other end of the pitcher.
The pitcher is easy to assemble. You will need to press firmly to push the filter into the reservoir and to avoid filtering failure. Before you start using the pitcher, clean the funnel reservoir in the dishwasher or by hand using a mild detergent. Note that the lid must not go into the dishwasher. Clean it with a soft damp cloth. If you perform the construction as required, the water will flow smoothly and quickly through the filter.
The product is environment-friendly because it takes away the need to buy plastic bottles. The pitcher itself is also plastic, but unlike the filter, you don’t need to replace the pitcher. Note that the unit does not include a countdown or a meter. You will need to apply other criteria to know when you need to replace the filter. Usually, that should happen every two months.
As already explained, the Ehm filters are performing well when it comes to reducing pH levels and chlorine concentration. Besides chlorine, they can also remove other metals because it has a six-stage layout. The harmful pollutants are gone thanks to the carbon element. You may notice black residue at the bottom of your pitcher. Soak the filter before using it to remove them.
As other customers have done, you can use strips to check the pH contents in the water and to be informed of the quality of the water.
Make sure that the filter sits firmly in the reservoir or it will not clean the water properly. The filtering speed is relatively quickly but does not too much water at a time so that it does not spill from the edges of the pitcher.
The Ehm Water Filter Pitcher comes with a single filter. It will last you for about two months maximum after which you will have to replace it. This period is a relatively short life as the filters cost you money and you will have to purchase them often.
The whole pitcher is about 10 3/8” tall, and it can contain up to 3.5L of water per filling. Remember not to fill it too much at once to avoid spilling, especially when moving the pitcher. The pitcher will continue filtering until the water reaches the top of the filter (e.g., the bottom of the reservoir). If you fill it further, it will remain in the tank, and you will have pouring issues.
For more information, read our detailed water filter pitcher buying guide.
- Easy to assemble and clean– Putting the parts together is straightforward as well as disassembling them to clean the tank. Make sure that you clean the reservoir before using it for the first time, as well as soaking the filter to avoid black residue in the water.
- Refines water – Reduces pH levels and provides you with more alkaline water to drink. Its primary purpose is to remove chlorine and fluoride, which it does as expected.
- Lid – This part of the pitcher is exceptionally delicate and flimsy. While some customers have not experienced any issues, others have complained that the lid does not fit correctly. It can break easily with many people in the family using it.
- No meter – No indicator shows you when the time to replace the filter has come.
- Short life – The filters need to change every two months, which is soon considering how often you will need to purchase new filters.