- 1 Who Needs a Commercial Kitchen Faucet?
- 2 Signs that You Need an Industrial Kitchen Faucet for Your Home
- 3 Best Commercial Kitchen Faucets Comparison Chart
- 4 Top Picks of Commercial and Commercial Style Faucets
- 5 Best Commercial Style Faucets – (Editors’ Choice)
- 6 Features that Make a Good Commercial Kitchen Faucet
- 7 A Few FAQs about Commercial Kitchen Faucets
- 8 Wrap Up
Professionals are not the only ones that deserve to use commercial grade products. We at Water Filter Magazine want to tell you that if you are an enthusiast or an avid cook, you deserve to treat yourself to the most excellent kitchen equipment.
Part of making your kitchen cozy and functional is getting the best commercial faucet. Such a unit simply changes the whole outlook of your home as it gives you high effectiveness and reliability. But since you are here, you perhaps already know that.
The challenge comes when it is time to select the right unit for your needs. But worry not, that’s where we come to help. Our commercial kitchen faucets reviews will surely steer you in the right direction as our team has worked hard to compile them.
One crucial distinction has to be made before we continue. People often mistakenly think that pull-down and pull-out faucets are strictly industrial grade systems. This is not true, and you can see the proof in our top kitchen faucet reviews. Make sure you check the article in which you may be able to find an even better faucet for your home.
Continue reading here in case you are interested in somewhat more heavy-duty units.
Who Needs a Commercial Kitchen Faucet?
If you read our reviews carefully, you probably are already aware of who can benefit from utilizing a commercial faucet for their kitchen. Let’s be clear here; there isn’t only one group of people who will benefit from purchasing such a product. Practically anyone who can afford one or has a suitable place to install it should take advantage of an industrial kitchen faucet even for their home.
In restaurants, faucets are mainly used not because of their capacity but because of their effectiveness and power. Professional chefs rarely cook big meals in large pots. On the contrary, they use a variety of little bowls and plates.
As customers come and go, several dishes will get dirty, and quick washing is the name of the game. Commercial faucets bring a much-needed pace to every restaurant kitchen because thanks to the power stream of pull-down faucets, plates are sparkling clean in no time. Yes, hotels and restaurants own dishwashers, but these machines are no good during the day when you got an intensive flow of customers.
When you wash dishes by hand, and you have little time to do so, you want something powerful that outright abolishes all leftovers from the plate. Furthermore, you need the flexibility of the hose so you can just “aim and shoot.” Washing dishes at busy restaurants nowadays resembles the workflow of a car wash. Pressure washing is what it’s all about.
Additionally, a commercial faucet will be able to take a lot of “beating.” This means that you can count on it to last and sustain heavy use. A restaurant owner cannot afford to be let down by a faulty faucet during rush hour on Saturday night, right?
Canteens and Messrooms
Unlike restaurants, speed isn’t really crucial here. It’s typically all about the volume. Canteens prepare food for many people, and meals usually lack diversity. They would cook in big pots because they want to have “enough for everybody.”
Such places also use large, broad sinks for their pots. A regular kitchen faucet, be it a pull-out one, would simply not be able to handle the size of everything around it. You cannot count on a small tap when it comes to filling a sizeable pot with water. People in messrooms want something with a long spout and incredible force. Massive sinks correspond to heavy-duty faucets. Check out our top-quality under sink water filters, as well.
Signs that You Need an Industrial Kitchen Faucet for Your Home
Even if you don’t run a professional cooking operation at home like in the examples mentioned above, you may still require a commercial tap. Let’s be real, though, more often than not, it’s just a matter of desire and not so much necessity. But anyway – here’s when you should get one.
- You find yourself cooking a lot. If you are an enthusiast and love to dabble in cooking, the chances are that you also possess all sorts of frying pans, pots, plates, and utensils. Obscure meals also require obscure “tools,” and if cooking is your hobby, we are sure that you like messing around in the kitchen. That’s when you need to have a heavy-duty faucet.
- Your family is big. Many mouths to feed also means a lot of time spent around the cooker. This again calls for several plates and pots to be used. A dishwasher will be handy, but it’s for your tableware. What about veggies and fruits? Yep, you guessed it right. A large family means more food to prepare and, therefore, to wash. You won’t handle it with a simple faucet. Go for a commercial one. No compromises should be made about your family, and their health should be your number one priority. Make sure the water coming out of that tap is also suitable for everyone by looking at our reviews of the top faucet filters. See which one will fit your needs.
- Your family isn’t big, but your friends are always at your place. We all got that friend who invites everyone regularly. Well, if that’s you, then you should think about owning quality kitchen equipment. We already mentioned faucet filters in the previous paragraph, but there may be even better solutions to your clean water needs. We recommend going straight to our Water Filter Magazine home page, where you will find several solutions and ideas regarding what type of water filter for your home you should get.
- Your faucet breaks all the time. If you got problems with a low-quality kitchen faucet, you might as well invest in an industrial one. The benefits of pre-rinse kitchen faucets far outweigh the disadvantages, and if you simply want quality, that’s good enough reason to purchase such a unit.
Best Commercial Kitchen Faucets Comparison Chart
GICASA Commercial Kitchen Faucet
|View On Amazon|
Krowne 12-814 Commercial Faucet
|View On Amazon|
JZBRAIN Commercial Wall Mount Faucet
|View On Amazon|
Aimadi Commercial Kitchen Faucet
|View On Amazon|
Fapully Commercial Single Handle Kitchen Faucet
|View On Amazon|
Top Picks of Commercial and Commercial Style Faucets
We decided to split the reviews into two parts. The first list is about faucets, which are considered to be strictly commercial. The second group consists of commercial style faucets, which can also fit most homes and not necessarily only restaurants and hotels.
1. GICASA Commercial Kitchen Faucet
What we like the most about this faucet is the presence of a heavy-duty sprayer. The lever, together with the handle of the sprayer, ensures smooth and long-lasting operation regardless of the environment.
The GICASA industrial faucet is also built of brass, lead-free material, which isn’t a surprise but further reaffirms the commercial nature of the unit. This is among the tallest systems on our list, as it requires 22.8 inches of vertical clearance. This shouldn’t be a problem for a professional kitchen, but it may not be alright for your home.
A disadvantage that we found is that your deck shouldn’t be thicker than 2 inches for you to install the unit. In such cases, you will need a mounting bracket. Also, the hose is nylon-made, and it cannot be replaced with a metal one. However, unlike other systems that we have reviewed, here, the hose can extend away from the faucet protruding to about 20 inches.
- The system is fully ADA compliant.
- The sprayer and the aerated system can be used at the same time.
- The only plastic part is the cover of the handle.
- Both arms can swivel.
- May be too tall for some kitchens
- You cannot attach a hose to the sprayer
2. Krowne 12-814 Commercial Faucet
This is a rather plain unit that made our list mainly because of its functionality. The 14-inch spout is undoubtedly what makes us like this faucet as it will be able to answer your commercial needs instantly.
A significant advantage of such a long spout is the fact that you can swivel it from left to right to cover either more sinks or only one big one. Bear in mind that the unit is strictly a wall-mount one, which is both a disadvantage and an advantage. You need to have water supply lines at the proper height inside your wall to install the faucet.
However, this typically the norm for commercial sinks where you want the faucet to be as far as possible from the bottom of the sink. The ceramic cartridge valves will ensure there’s no leaking when using the handles. Speaking of the handles, this is a 2-handle unit (1 for hot and one for cold water). It doesn’t feature any technology that controls the work of the faucet. You have to turn the water on and off manually, and you have to adjust the temperature by syncing the handles.
- Fully certified according to all NSF standards.
- Perfect for industrial kitchens with large pots and sinks thanks to the far-reaching spout.
- A hose can be attached to the spout.
- No modern technology – no sensors, no pull-down hoses
- The wall-mounted aspect may be a little limiting as you need to have water supply lines inside the wall.
3. JZBRAIN Commercial Wall Mount Faucet
A product such as this JZBRIAN faucet really epitomizes the term “commercial kitchen faucet.” This isn’t because of the considerable spray power or incredible capacity, but it’s because of the versatility that you get around the kitchen. What we really liked is the fact that this unit is highly customizable. Yes, this is achieved by a series of additional purchases, but you can have a longer hose, another size of the pot filler spout, and you can even adjust the wall-mount centers.
The stock version of the faucet comes with a 17-inch long hose, but you can upgrade it to a 25-inch version. The spout reaches 12 inches forward, but there are also shorter and longer ones available. As far as pressure goes, we recommend that you use this product with at least 60 PSI to achieve the 1.42 GPM.
To start or stop the water when using the pre-wash hose, you have a lever resting on the spray head and not just some buttons that can malfunction at any time. There are two handles – one for hot and one for cold water. The unit is a wall-mount, double handle faucet. It doesn’t have a single-lever version and also doesn’t support touch or touchless features. We find it to be an excellent value purchase that will fit any commercial kitchen.
- A truly commercial faucet – comes with a lengthy hose, extra long pot filler spout, and has sturdy handles.
- Features lead-free brass construction.
- The wall mount centers can be adjusted between 7.95 inches and 8.34 inches.
- A soap machine can be connected straight to the faucet.
- You can have the item’s proportions customized to fit your industrial needs.
- You cannot attach a portable dishwasher to the system.
- Various-size components can be obtained but only through additional purchases.
4. Aimadi Commercial Kitchen Faucet
This product is where design meets functionality. The Aimadi commercial kitchen faucet will be a smooth addition to your pro kitchen, but it will also get the job done. The first feature that we loved about the unit is the LED light. It’s not placed there just to be fancy. You are being informed about the water temperature depending on the color of the light.
- Green: 0- 35 degrees
- Blue: 35-45 degrees
- Red: about 55 degrees
This is an excellent safety feature as you will never burn your hands ever again. The pot-filler spout rotates at a 360-degree angle, and with it, you can cover more than one sink. However, it depends on where exactly you place the unit because the pot-filler spout stretches only 6 inches forward. What we didn’t like is that the hose doesn’t extend forward. The length that you see on the picture is what you get.
The presence of the brass construction and the ceramic disk valves are proof of good quality. Still, the warranty that you get is only a 5-year one which we don’t particularly like, especially when we talk about commercial faucets. The unit provides some flexibility as it can be used in a home kitchen too.
- Informative LED light which is also stylish.
- Nothing in this unit is made of plastic.
- The ceramic disk valves and brass construction guarantee sturdiness.
- 1-hole installation meaning that you can do it yourself.
- Short warranty – just five years.
- You can pull down the nozzle, but the hose won’t extend beyond what you see.
5. Fapully Commercial Single Handle Kitchen Faucet
Here’s a unit that is really convenient when it comes to filling large pots. The hose and the spout can be used together in case you want to fill something up and wash around it at the same time. You can also serve two sinks because the hose is 25 inches long and should be able to reach outside of the sink. Not to mention that you also have the 180-degree swivel capabilities of the product on your side.
One significant advantage that we found is the fact that you attach a pure filter to the lower faucet. Be aware that the water coming out of the pull-down hose will not be filtered, though. What’s not so cool about the spray head is that it cannot produce a stream. This is a feature only of the lower faucet.
Before you make a purchase, make sure that you will be able to fit the system under your kitchen cabinets because the height goes up to 21.6 inches. Installation is not a tough challenge as the set comes with everything you need for DIY installation – 2x supply lines, 1 x instructions, O-ring, and fittings.
- Made in the USA – the faucet has a guaranteed origin.
- Unlike other products of that class, the hose extends to more than 20 inches.
- A portable dishwasher can be hooked to the unit. You just need an adapter.
- DIY installation is possible.
- One of the worst warranties – 2 years.
- The hot and cold lever goes all the way back, which means it will require clearance between the faucet and the wall.
Moen 5923 Align Pulldown Kitchen Faucet
|View On Amazon|
Kraus KPF-1650 Modern Nola Commercial Style Faucet
|View On Amazon|
Beelee BL1749N Professional Kitchen Faucet
|View On Amazon|
Kraus KPF-1690BGMB Commercial Kitchen Faucet
|View On Amazon|
Best Commercial Style Faucets – (Editors’ Choice)
You do not have to be a professional chef to want to have a pro-looking faucet at home. After all, if you got the space and desire to have it – who can stop you? This is why we have also picked a few faucets which are somewhere in the middle when it comes to their level of industrial looks and functionality. Check them out.
1. Moen 5923 Align Pulldown Kitchen Faucet
This is just a high-quality model that will meet all your domestic standards and will be perfect even if you spend a lot of time around the kitchen. The Moen 5923, similar to the other remaining products, doesn’t feature a second faucet and isn’t known for its power stream.
However, durability and elegant design are the strong traits of this unit. Moen offers it in 4 color options and guarantees that the construction will withstand heavy use by giving you a lifetime warranty. The pull-down hose can be a little bit demanding as the arch of the system stands at 22.5 inches. It may be slightly too tall for most kitchens.
Versatility isn’t foreign to this unit, though, as you can swivel the hose at 360 degrees. In addition to the color options, you can also select to have this faucet come with a sensor. In this case, you will pay more, but you never have to touch it to turn the water on. On the downside, if you require a deck plate, you will have to purchase one separately.
- The spring can be removed for cleaning
- The cartridges are ceramic
- The package contains everything for DIY installation – even the battery pack if you opt for a touchless faucet.
- Lifetime warranty
- Cannot be hard-wired – you have to use the battery or the AC
- The handle cannot be mounted on the left side due to the internal cartridge design.
2. Kraus KPF-1650 Modern Nola Commercial Style Faucet
This is by far the tallest unit you will see on our list today, and this is why you may also encounter it in several restaurant kitchens. You are unlikely to fit this product in many domestic kitchens unless you install it on an island in the middle of the room. The reason is the very tall body – 26.25 inches.
What’s cool about this long hose is the fact that it is fully retractable. You also get it with the two obligatory functions – spray and stream, which isn’t really anything to brag about. What’s worth bragging about, though, is the lifetime warranty that Kraus gives its customers.
You also get a little bit of versatility here as the handle can be installed on either side. The set is neatly packed, and it includes the parts required for the installation. We aren’t thrilled by the fact that the water supply connectors are too short, but hey, you get a deck plate in the package. Faucet filters aren’t compatible with this system because of the design of the spray head.
- Impeccable quality and lifetime warranty by Kraus
- Will give you a feeling that you possess a commercial faucet in your home
- The installation kit is sufficient for a DIY installation
- The deck plate is included so you can cover the holes from a previous faucet
- The height of the faucet is pretty demanding
- The threading inside the spray head is plastic and not metal.
3. Beelee BL1749N Professional Kitchen Faucet
Now here we have a faucet that made the list mainly because of its smart design. That’s perhaps the most domestic looking product on our list as it “deceives” us that it doesn’t have any functions but to release water downward.
That’s not true, though. The unit is a pull-down faucet, but you cannot see it because the spray head is hidden inside the tap. You have to press the button on the side and the head will pop down inside your palm. Regardless if you choose the black or the nickel brushed version, nobody will be able to tell that you own a pull-down faucet.
From a sizing standpoint, this faucet will be excellent for any domestic kitchen. It is only 14 inches tall, but what we loved about it is the fact that it can cover large sinks too. This is because the tap doesn’t point sharply downwards. Instead, it will shoot the water slightly forward. Such a feature may also be a drawback because if your sink is too small, the water may shoot out of it.
- The unit is disguised as a regular one while it is actually a pull-down faucet.
- It rotates at 360 degrees.
- The aerator is high-grade water-saving one
- A mounting deck isn’t included.
4. Kraus KPF-1690BGMB Commercial Kitchen Faucet
The available color options are among the things that made us fall in love with this Kraus pull-down faucet. Of course, the price isn’t low, but we would like to assume that it accurately corresponds to the quality.
Apart from the impeccable design and the top-quality materials used by Kraus, there really isn’t anything else that truly stands out, though. Obviously, the operation is smooth and reliable but don’t expect to have many perks with this product. The two modes – spray and stream are there, the single-lever handle is there, and the ceramic cartridges are also present.
Among the other necessary properties, we can list the 360-degree swivel along with the water flow of 1.8. As stated above, don’t expect anything in terms of little perks. Even the spray head isn’t magnetically attached to the tap. All in all, you may get faucets with a better value for your money, but if you are after a reliable product that will last a long time, this one is perfect for your kitchen.
- Top-quality product backed by a lifetime warranty
- All the color options are impressive
- The entire faucet is metal, and it has a wear-resistant finish
- Absolutely no extra properties and features
- The water flow isn’t the strongest, and to even achieve 1.8 GPM, you will need 60 PSI.
Features that Make a Good Commercial Kitchen Faucet
Some traits are good in general when it comes to the tap of your kitchen, but some aspects are simply a must for industrial taps. Here are the ones that we believe are essential.
An excellent commercial faucet simply has to be able to endure all that extensive use. Such a faucet will be used in a rush, sometimes the handles will be rotated with excessive power, plates, and utensils will collide with it, and water will ah veto run for long periods. If a product cannot endure all that, then it’s not a professional one.
Domestic faucets are useful when you want to fill a cup of water. With commercial ones, you want to rinse off leftovers, and you want to fill that colossal pot for the next stew you are about to make. It’s optimal if these things can happen at the same time. Well, when you got a sprayer head working simultaneously with the tap, you get two sources of pouring water. Not to mention that industrial faucets typically have more extended reach, and thanks to the swivel feature, they can be used to cover more than one sink.
You simply cannot go without it. Nobody in a restaurant or a canteen can wait for minutes for a pot to be filled with water. You need this to happen almost instantly. The same goes when you want to rinse off those dozens of dishes that just came back dirty. Low water flow and PSI are problematic. A well-aerated industrial faucet will solve all of this.
Both the “touch” and the “touchless” technologies are exceptional for a commercial faucet. The bottom line is for people to be able to turn the unit on and off without having to touch it with greasy hands. This doesn’t mean that all touchless taps are suitable for commercial use. If you want to get such a unit for your home, we recommend exploring our reviews of the best touchless kitchen faucets and becoming acquainted with the pros & cons.
A Few FAQs about Commercial Kitchen Faucets
Here we will give answers to some of the frequently asked questions regarding the subject of our article.
1. What are the best brands of commercial kitchen faucets?
Without a doubt, Moen comes to mind closely followed by Kraus. So far, Delta Faucet hasn’t blown us away with their industrial products, but we know for sure that their systems are of overall high quality. This doesn’t mean that you have to look for only these three brans on the market. That’s why we have compiled reviews on commercial faucets. Go through them and see our favorites.
2. What is the most durable kitchen faucet?
To his question, we cannot answer with a brand name or a model. The most durable faucet will be the one that will last as long as possible. Our little tip is to look for an item that comes with a lifetime warranty. If the manufacturer gets behind its product with such a guarantee, you know the faucet has to be good, right? Bear in mind that proper repair and maintenance of your commercial faucet is also a must. Don’t rely on fate alone.
3. What kitchen faucet should I buy?
The correct answer to this question you will likely find in our exclusive reviews above. We simply cannot answer it straight away as everyone’s requirements are different. What we at Water Filter magazine believe is that people should always aim to get the best bang for their buck. Everything else will follow.
All good things typically come to an end, and the same is true for our buying guide to getting the best commercial kitchen faucet. Our team hopes to have been helpful in your search for the right unit. We always advise our readers to visit the review section once again so that you can be sure not to miss anything.
We put a lot of time and dedication into our commercial kitchen faucet reviews, especially when it comes to commercial kitchen faucets. This is why we would appreciate it if you left us a comment or gave us a recommendation on how to be better. Thanks for reading!