The first thing that impressed us about this Aquasana product is that it comes at a reasonable price compared to other under sink water filter products.
Like most of the other products, this system is also a 3-staged one. Activated carbon is responsible for reducing herbicides, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, MTBS, and VOCs. A catalytic carbon eliminates chloramines and chlorine. An absolute sub-micron mechanical filtration captures cryptosporidium, giardia, and asbestos. Thanks to the ion exchange that occurs during the filtration, some heavy metals such as mercury and lead also go away. There is also an additional 20-micron pre-filter that traps sediment, silt, and rust. This way, it prevents your system from clogging and extends its life span.
An interesting feature of this filter is its twist-off design – whenever you need to replace the filter (approximately once in 6 months), you just twist the old filter off and the new one on. It has been estimated that this process takes around 5 minutes. Moreover, you won’t have to disconnect any water lines or hoses. You won’t need to remember when you need to change the filter as the system will notify you.
Another benefit of this unit is that you have the option of changing the finish of the faucet when you purchase the filter so that it can match your other fixtures. You can choose from brushed nickel, chrome and oil rubbed bronze.
A disadvantage of this water filter is that its O-rings need to be replaced once in 2 or 3 years. However, if you contact the manufacturer, they will send you new ones.
What Does It Remove?
This system has proved to be very effective in eliminating most of the unhealthy elements from your water, such as herbicides, pesticides, chlorine, VOCs, and heavy metals. Recent research analysis shows that this system reduces 15 times more contaminants than a leading pitcher filter. In other words, it eliminates 99% of the unhealthy elements from your water, including lead, PFOA/PFOS, and pharmaceuticals.
Thanks to its 3rd stage filtration, it can also eliminate rust, silt, and sediment. Having said all of the above, it is not surprising that this system is NSF/ANSI certified. Moreover, it is environment-friendly as it reduces plastic waste, which is achieved by minimizing the disposable plastic parts. Along with removing the unhealthy elements from the water, this system manages to retain the beneficial minerals that provide optimal hydration.
The Contents of the Set
- An under sink water filter.
- A faucet – you can choose from brushed nickel, chrome or oil rubbed bronze.
What to Expect?
This water filter is covered by a one-year limited warranty. In addition to this, the manufacturers are so confident in their products that they offer a 90-day satisfaction guarantee. So if you are not satisfied with the performance of the product during the first 90 days after the purchase, you can return it.
- This system features a twist-off design thanks to which replacing the filter is a snap.
- Due to its three-stage filtration and additional 20-micron pre-filter, this unit can eliminate most of the water contaminants such as sediment, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, herbicides, chloramines, chlorine, mercury, lead, asbestos, cryptosporidium, and giardia.
- You can take advantage of a 90-day satisfaction guarantee – so you can return the product if you are not pleased with its performance in the first 90 days.
- As the manufacturers try to reduce the use of disposable plastic parts, this unit is considered to be an environment-friendly one.
- One of the very few disadvantages of this filter is that you need to replace the O-rings pretty often – approximately once in 2 or 3 years. If you contact the customer service of the manufacturer, they will send you new O-rings.